Tuesday, March 28, 2006

milestones

life changing events

just a few days ago i unwittingly altered the quality of my life by shaving the mustache that had been my constant companion for the last thirty years. oh, i expected the usual caustic comments and slurs about the now uneven tanning of my heretofore partially obscured face. and the ones about how much uglier i am without it.

it was the rift in the fabric of my universe i was unprepared for.

within hours my favorite tv station was removed from my local cable company. when i went out in the street young children cried. dogs barked. cats ignored me as usual. horses neighed.

my propane tank stopped working (yes, it's full). this is a problem because i'm trying (and succeeding) to lose weight. i allow myself one greasy fried meal a week. (i'm from texas; this is a requirement of citizenship)
so after a week of special k i was eagerly looking forward to my greasefest. the rift said "no".

it rained for three days. this is not our rainy season and three days of rain on a caribbean island is a bad thing.
the rift.

i walk for an hour to an hour and a half early most mornings. i was on the other side of the island when the rain started. as i started back to town my right sandal came apart so i had to continue my walk in a pouring rain barefoot. it's a long, rocky road. there are savage packs of feral dogs there. (ok, it was a miniature something, but it was very yappy) the rift.

i lost four students. well, i know where they are they just decided to postpone their instructor class 'til next month. at least two of them are going to my competition. this has never happened before. the rift.

the most wierd thing of all is the fact that i'm strangely upbeat. i feel really good physically and emotionally. i'm truly happy. the rift?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home