Sunday, September 17, 2006

learning new dances

an era has come to an end.

jungle jim is no longer involved in the diving business.

i've been replaced by younger and prettier (and more malleable) course directors.

and since i don't have the money to go to DEMA and re-new my rating, as of dec. 31 of this year i will no longer be a course director.

and so i bid adieu to the Grand And Glorious Megalomania Experience (otherwise known as GAG ME).

so long, and thanks for all the fish.

in the meantime i have become a short order cook.

i'm now cooking breakfast and running the occasional bbq for the new lessees of the driftwood cafe.

it's amazing how much fun i'm having. and i get to eat twice a day.

life is good.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scuba_dude_Gene said...

Huh? That is a slap in the face, I am sad to hear this news :(

Jungle, will I still be able to do the CHAMBER course before you hang up your regs? I am coming down on Dec 2nd...

5:29 PM  
Blogger jungle said...

sorry, gene, i'm no longer involved in any of their businesses but i'm sure peter will be glad to take your money.

thanks for your support.

the 4th is my birthday, let's hook up for a couple beers.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Scuba_dude_Gene said...

Hey Jungle, when I am back in Utila-town it would be my pleasure to buy beer for the good old birthday boy!!!!!! heiße Scheiße

6:37 PM  
Blogger The Imaginary Diva said...

One Salva Vida at a time.

Wow, my mother would be thrilled someone still uses that phrase :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger jungle said...

it's not all bad, guys, i can still teach diving just not at the instructor level for awhile.

bicd is not the only shop on the island, you know.

10:17 AM  
Blogger J-Solo said...

yo,Jim..."GAG ME"...I love it! I practically coughed up a lung laughing. Classic.

Blogmad hit!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Dale Forbes sharkoholic (older profile) said...

Hi Jungle
It was an honour to spend so much time with you and I would love to buy you a beer some time. Do you remember what the answer was to the great question: the one about life, the universe and everything?
Namasté

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jamie Monk said...

Jim!

Not a CD? I'm sure there's more you're not telling...

Hope you do still dive though! I have hardly dived the last 2 years, was just looking at my log book yesterday. Bloody computers.

Still enjoying Utila, I hope.

Jamie

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home